The Sho-bu-kan Aikido Club (SHOBUKAN) is a not-for-profit organisation established solely for the purpose of enabling and promoting the practice of Aikido in England and Wales. The operating structure of the SHOBUKAN does not require it to have an appointed Data Protection Officer (DPO) as defined by the rules of the General Data Protection Register (GDPR) in force from 25th May 2018.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our website, via our club or if you send details directly to the membership secretary:
- Name, age, aikido qualification and instructor status, IAF and Hombu registration information.
- Address, telephone, email address.
- IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices used to identify and communicate with each other). which is automatically recognised by the web server but carries no personal information about you
Normal member communications are carried out via club secretary. We hold member contact details for membership and emergency purposes and contact details for guardians for junior members. Medical information and permissions may also be held where necessary for safety and insurance purposes.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about insurance and membership or SHOBUKAN and related events
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
Our legal bases for processing your information
We will retain and process your data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- For administration purposes a selected number of staff can access data to help to respond to queries, update data and perform necessary administration activity.
- Providing relevant and necessary information via email to you about the following:
- Changes to rules and regulation.
- Updates to advice and guidance relating to SHOBUKAN issues.
- Transactional information relating to insurance and club membership.
- Your data will be retained for 3yrs after you leave for insurance purposes. We will anonomise your data after 4yrs.
Finding out what information SHOBUKAN holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact us.
The SHOBUKAN website
The SHOBUKAN website (www.shobukan.org.uk) is maintained by the SHOBUKAN for its members. Some protected content is stored on the website for SHOBUKAN members and to gain access to this material requires registration. Registration only requires name and email information. Your IP address is noted by the website but only to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviour of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.